Video Contest and UGC Policy, Terms and Conditions
Video contest terms and conditions
- Eligibility. Anyone can enter the competition, except for staff, directors, and officers of the organizers, and their respective spouses, parents, siblings, and children. Submissions from both individuals and teams are accepted.
- Winner/s: Once selected the winner/s will be required to send their full name, country of origin, a short biography and a photo to be used in the promotion of the competition. You will also need to send us additional information to transfer the prize.
- Under 18s: If you are under 18 you are eligible to participate in this Contest or appear in a video only if you obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ express permission to participate. Proof of express permission may be requested.
- Organizers. The organizer of this contest is SimsDirect Pty Ltd.
- Deadline. The Video Contest closes on the final day of each month (AEST 23:59). Submissions received after this time will not be considered and assigned for the following months contest.
- Prizes. The winning team will receive a $200 Airbnb gift card.
- Length and format. Your video should be a maximum of 30 seconds long.
- The video must include SimsDirects branding cutout imagery.
- The video must be shot while overseas on your holiday.
- Videos should be in English but audio is not necessary.
- Submit your entry. To submit your entry, send an email with your videa attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally you must share your video via Facebook OR Instagram with ‘#travelconnected’ and ‘@SimsDirect’ (Facebook) or ’@Sims_Direct (Instagram) included in the caption.
- Children under 18 should use their parents’ email account, with their agreement.
- SimsDirect will select and announce the winning video by the end of week 1 of each month.
- Filming others. Always get express permission from anyone who will appear in your video, in its original form as submitted and also in any (derivative) form the Organizers may later make of the video consistent with these rules (for children under 18 this must be in written form from their parents).
- Don’t film other companies’ logos. Do not include any logos, trademarks, designs, or other intellectual property or commercial property in your film other than the clip provided by us for the contest. You may not use the video for commercial solicitation or other promotional material, advertisements or personal solicitations, including referencing your or someone else’s company contact details.
- Anything mean will be taken down. No offensive or sensitive content is tolerated, that includes religious or anti/religious, racial, political, obscene, violent, or pornographic content.
- Only your work. You may only submit films that you have worked on yourself. Use of others’ work without permission will automatically disqualify a submission.
- SimsDirect will get full rights to the video(s) you submit. By submitting your entry to this Contest, you grant the Organizers (jointly and severally) a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted entry, in any media including posting in an online gallery, publication(s), and various marketing materials, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agree to execute documents confirming such right and license at the Organizers’ reasonable request. By entering or permitting your child to enter, you understand that your/their entry (or portion thereof) may be (re-)posted online, in the Organizers’ sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public.
- Don’t do something illegal or film something illegal. Do not film any criminal or other illegal activity, or provoke others to do something illegal on your film.
- Waiver. By participating in this Video Contest, you agree that the Organizers will have no liability whatsoever (jointly and severally) for, and will be held harmless by the entrant team (jointly and severally) for any liability for any bodily injury, violation of personality or personal data, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your creation, use, or intended use of your entry, participation in this Contest, and the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. This Contest and these Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Disputes. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of, or in relation to, this contract, including the validity, invalidity, breach, or termination thereof, shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution in force on the date on which the Notice of Arbitration is submitted in accordance with these Rules. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat of the arbitration shall be Geneva, Switzerland. The arbitral proceedings shall be conducted in English.
- Airbnb, Instagram and Facebook are not affiliated with the Contest in any way and are not responsible for the administration of the Contest or the awarding of the prize.
- By entering the Contest, including permitting your child to enter this contest, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
User Generated Content Policy
SimsDirect may, in its sole discretion, permit you from time to time to submit, upload, publish or otherwise make available to SimsDirect through the Services textual, audio, and/or visual content and information, including commentary and feedback related to the Services, initiation of support requests, and submission of entries for competitions and promotions ("User Content"). SimsDirect may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit or disable User Content for any reason, including if SimsDirect reasonably determines that User Content violates this Agreement. SimsDirect does not assume any responsibility or liability for User Content, for removing it, or not removing it or other Content. SimsDirect does not pre-screen all User Content and does not endorse or approve any User Content available on the Services.
Any User Content provided by you remains your property. However, by providing User Content to SimsDirect, you grant SimsDirect a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Services and SimsDirect's business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant SimsDirect the license to the User Content as set forth above; and (ii) neither the User Content, nor your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise making available of such User Content, nor SimsDirect's use of the User Content as permitted herein will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
When you access or use the Services, you agree that you will not:
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or any server or network used to support or provide the Services, including any hacking or cracking in the Services.
- Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts the Services or another's computer or property, such as denial of service attacks, spamming, hacking, or uploading computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, cancelbots, spyware, corrupted files and time bombs.
- Use the Services to cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, for example using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, or spamming, to any party using the Services. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Contribute User Content or organize or participate in any activity, group or association that is inappropriate, abusive, harassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute User Content that is illegal or that you don't have permission to freely distribute, including the personal information of another person.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute any content that SimsDirect (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.
- Post a message for any purpose other than personal communication. Prohibited messages include advertising, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other types of solicitation or commercial activities.
- Impersonate another person or falsely imply that you are an SimsDirect employee, SimsDirect Partner or representative.
- Improperly use in-app support or complaint buttons or make false reports to SimsDirect staff.
- Attempt to obtain, or phish for, a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else using the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automated device or process to access the Services for any purpose or copy any material on from the Services.
- Attempt to use the Services on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by SimsDirect.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.
If you or someone using your Account violates this Agreement, fails to remedy this violation after a warning, SimsDirect may take action against you, including revoking access to certain or all of the Services, or terminating your Account. In case of severe violations, SimsDirect may take these actions without issuing a prior warning. When practical, SimsDirect will notify you of the action it will take in response to violations of these rules or breach of this Policy.
Specific SimsDirect Services may post additional rules that apply to your conduct on those services.
If you encounter another user who is violating any of these rules, please report this activity to SimsDirect by emailing email@example.com.
SimsDirect may, in its discretion, monitor or record online activity or Content on the Services and may remove any Content from any Service at its discretion. Remember that your communications and your User Content in any of the Services are public and will be seen by others.